Information for the 2020/2021 cycle will be available in second-half of October, 2020.
How Does SAP Work?
Thank you for taking part in the 2019 -2020 Standardized Acceptance Process (SAP). This is the process by which the majority of the eligible Public Health/General Preventive Medicine (PH/GPM) residency programs are managing offers to their candidates for the upcoming academic year beginning in July 2020.
Please read this page carefully and submit the required information.
- Register and Submit Rank List (December 16 - January 10)
- Recommended Practices for candidates during Match week
- SAP Policy and FAQ
- Terms of Agreement for Candidates
1. REGISTER AND SUBMIT RANK LIST (December 16th - January 10)
- Per SAP policy, Candidates are required to register and submit their rank list.
- The rank list is submitted on this website. Do not email the rank list to ACPM.
- Take a few minutes to review all the material and links on this page.
- Read the entire Terms of Agreement for candidates
- Once you read the Terms of Agreement, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'I agree and would like to proceed'
- This will take you to the page where you can register and submit your rank list
- There is no payment required.
- More questions about the SAP? Access the recording session and PPT slides from an info session that was conducted in November 2019
2. RECOMMENDED PRACTICES FOR CANDIDATES DURING MATCH WEEK
- Beginning January 21, candidates should check their email frequently and make themselves available by phone or text.
- Offers will be made by the programs directly. You will not receive any offers from ACPM.
- Candidates should use their prepared rank lists to make decisions about offers quickly and optimally.
- Programs should be notified of candidate decisions to accept or decline offers as quickly as possible. In particular, when a candidate has multiple offers, they should decline all but their most preferred program immediately.
3. SAP POLICY AND FAQ
- SAP policy
- FAQ for Candidates
- ACCESS the SAP Info session recording for candidates
- We experienced technical issues during this info session
- Demonstration of the rank submission begins at 36:00 minute mark
- SAP info session Power Point slides
- If you have any other questions about the process, contact ACPM staff
4. TERMS OF AGREEMENT