The lifeblood of ACPM is the work of the many members who volunteer their time, expertise, and knowledge to the College. Enhance your career while advancing Preventive Medicine and ACPM!
Below is a listing of open and general volunteer and other opportunities available to ACPM members. Learn more about each and follow application instructions. Most applications can be submitted by completing the interest form at the bottom of this page.
- At our 2019 Annual Meeting the Board of Regents approved changes to the Bylaws to streamline our Committee structure. We have new Committee Chairs and Vice Chairs and welcome volunteers to these Committees to help advance the breadth of work. If you are interested in serving on a Committee, please fill out the application form below. A list of committees can be found here.
Members may complete the interest form join one of ACPM's committees or academies. Most groups are open to all members and appointments are typically made in conjunction with the annual meeting. Watch for future calls for volunteers!
External Positions / Opportunities
- UHS Employee Health Physician - The University of Kentucky (UK) is currently seeking a full-time physician to work in their Employee Health and Primary Care Clinic. This physician would provide high-quality and cost-efficient healthcare for both UKHC employee patients (75%) and student patients (25%). Applications will be accepted through June 10, 2019.
- Public Health Fellow – The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Public Health/Preventive Medicine Residency Program (PH/PM RP) is currently recruiting its next Fellow in Public Health Practice. The Fellowship will provide on-the-job training and mentoring to a recent preventive medicine residency graduate or early-career physician with a Master of Public Health degree or other relevant public health experience. Fellows will develop skills in the areas of graduate and undergraduate medical education, public health practice, and residency administration to prepare them for a future leadership position. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
- Director, Center for Innovation in Population Health – The University of Kentucky (UK) Center for Innovation in Population Health (CIPH) is a new transdisciplinary campus-wide Center, that will build health in the Commonwealth through community-engaged research and collaborations by creating population health solutions that serve as a model to other communities. UK seeks a Director with an accomplished academic and research background, who is dedicated to exploring the policies and forces that shape the health and well-being of populations. Applications will be accepted until all positions have been filled.
- Tobacco Control Fellowships – The Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education is offering Postdoctoral Fellowships in Tobacco Control Research. The fellowship supports two years of postdoctoral training in all aspects of tobacco control research. Fellows gain exposure to diverse training, including both didactic coursework and individualized mentoring to build a personalized research program. Applications will be accepted until all positions have been filled.
- Preventive Medicine Fellowships – The ACPM Resident Physician Section (RPS) maintains a list of fellowships for graduating preventive medicine residents. Review the list if you or a colleague are looking for an opportunity. We also encourage members and institutions offering a fellowship to upcoming graduates to contact RPS officers.
Complete and submit the below form to apply for a volunteer opportunity offered by or in conjunction with ACPM. Thank you for your interest.