How Does SAP Work?
GPM/PH program directors can use the information on this page to learn more about the SAP, register, make a payment, submit their rank list of candidates, access the restricted database and track accepted offers..
- How to register and pay for the SAP (Deadline: December 12th)
- Additional payment information
- Ask candidates to register and submit rank lists (Dec 16 - Jan 10)
- Programs submit lists of candidates (Jan 13th - 5:00 PM ET Jan 16)
- Recommended practices for programs during first-choice match and SAP
- SAP Policy and FAQ
- Terms of Agreement
1. HOW TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE SAP (DEADLINE - December 12th)
- Spend a few minutes reviewing the materials and links on this page
- Scroll down this page and click on 'Terms of Agreement'
- Read and agree to the terms of agreement for program directors.
- Once you read the Terms of Agreement, scroll down to the bottom of that page and click 'I Agree and Would Like to Proceed.' This will take you to the page where you can register and pay.
- Once your program is registered, ACPM staff will send you a password to access the restricted web pages. Please do not share the password.
- More Questions? ACPM will host an info session on Tuesday November 19th at 11:00 AM ET for Program Directors (ACPM will email call-in details to participating programs). Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions. A recording of the conference will also be emailed to the programs
2. ADDITIONAL PAYMENT INFORMATION
- There is a flat fee of 175.00 per program.
- Make your payment of 175.00 by credit card online or by check. Once you make a payment, you should receive a confirmation email.
- If you choose to pay by check, notify ACPM Staff and please make sure the payment reaches ACPM by December 12th 2019.
- Once you register and complete your transaction, you should be able to print your invoice and you will also receive a copy of the invoice in your email. If you have problems with the invoice, please contact ACPM staff
3. ASK CANDIDATES TO REGISTER AND SUBMIT RANK LISTS (December 16 - January 10)
4. PROGRAMS SUBMIT LISTS OF CANDIDATES (January 13th - January 16 5:00 PM ET)
- Programs can submit their rank lists showing their most preferred candidates beginning Monday January 13th, 2020 through 5:00 PM ET on Thursday January 16, 2020.
- Rank lists will be submitted via an online form where the programs can choose from all the candidates who have registered by January 10, 2020. (Note the web page is password protected. You will receive your password once you register and pay).
- Once you submit your rank list, you should receive an email confirming your submission.
5. RECOMMENDED PRACTICES FOR PROGRAMS DURING FIRST CHOICE MATCH AND SAP
- Email offers to candidates, and request read receipts.
- In addition to emailing offers, call candidates and/or send text messages.
- Once offering has begun, check the SAP website frequently to see if
- A candidate to whom you are preparing to make an offer has already accepted an offer from another program
- A candidate to whom you have already made an offer has accepted an offer from another program. If that is the case, your offer is considered withdrawn, and you may immediately offer the spot to another candidate.
- Require candidates accepting offers to demonstrate proof of having withdrawn from NRMP if the candidate’s ERAS or other application indicates they are registered for NRMP.
- Confirm that any candidates whom you plan to rank as first choices are registered for the SAP. Otherwise, that candidate will not be submitting a rank list.
6. SAP Policy and FAQ
7. TERMS OF AGREEMENT