- Polly Pittman, George Washington University Health Workforce Institute
Delivery System Reform and Its Effect on the Health Care Workforce
As the health care delivery system shifts from a model of volume-based care to value-based care, health care systems and the workforce are grappling with how to redefine themselves to best meet these changes.
- Ann Greiner,Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC)
- Thomas Jenike, Novant Health
- Robert McNellis, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Julie Rovner, Kaiser Health News (moderator)
The Behavioral Health Workforce
There are challenges and roadblocks that keep the behavioral health workforce from providing the services that are needed, but also promising opportunities for better training and more integrated delivery of care.
- Peter Maramaldi, Simmons School of Social Work
- Andrew Sperling, National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mohini Venkatesh, National Council for Behavioral Health
- Sarah Dash, Alliance for Health Policy (moderator)
Role of Technology Keynote
- Miriam Komaromy, Project ECHO
Caring for an Aging Population
The nation's rapidly aging population comes with a complex set of health issues that place new demands on the health care workforce, which will require new solutions -- from training, to telehealth, to incorporation of informal caregivers.
- Thomas Edes, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Clare Luz,Michigan State University
- Joanne Lynn, Altarum Institute
- Marcus Escobedo, The John A. Hartford Foundation (moderator)